Monday, April 14, 2008

Set myself up


So the latest thing that has stuck in my mind lately is a conversation I had with Andrew yesterday. He has gotten very big and heavy, so I don't pick him up anymore. But he had insisted that I give him a piggy back ride from the basement to the upstairs. I tried to reason with him and the following conversation occured:


Andrew: "Mom, please give me a piggy back ride!"

Mom: " Andrew am I a pig?"

Andrew: "No"

Mom: "Then I can't give you a piggy back ride, can I?"

Andrew: "I guess not."

Mom: "Okay, then let's walk up the stairs together."

Andrew: "Wait! Wait! You are a pig!"


I couldn't help laughing. I set myself up for that one! I ended up giving him a piggy back ride, and when we told the story to the other kids and Devon, we all had a good laugh.


Sonia XXOO

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hilarious! Andrew is such a smarty-pants! I love reading kid conversations!

Erin said...

Those kids are just so clever! I have done things like that before too. So funny!